Milford Regional Medical Center strives to recruit and partner with the finest physicians across the country, so that we may offer unparalleled medical care in a community setting. Whether it be UMass Memorial Healthcare, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Brigham and Women’s or Boston Children’s Hospital, our expanding partnerships with these renowned healthcare facilities continues to bring world-class care to patients at Milford Regional. We are pleased to share news about our growing staff.
Brigham and Women’s Neurosurgery of Milford
Brigham and Women’s Neurosurgery of Milford was created in 2017, in partnership with Milford Regional, to bring excellence in neurosurgery to Milford Regional patients. Neurosurgeon Timothy R. Smith, MD, PhD, MPH (pictured right) was the first to join Milford Regional’s medical staff in April. Hasan Zaidi, MD, then joined the practice in the fall of 2017. Both fellowship-trained neurosurgeons have stellar backgrounds from prestigious medical schools and have participated in countless research projects and presentations. In January 2018, the neurosurgery group will be complete with the arrival of Omar Arnaout, MD. Patients are already benefitting from the expertise of these Brigham and Women’s neurosurgeons with their practice conveniently located on the second floor of the Hill Health Center.
Milford Regional Welcomes New Physicians
Tri-County Medical Associates (now Milford Regional Physician Group)
Having served the healthcare needs of the community since 1903, Milford Regional formed Tri-County Medical Associates in 1992 as part of our healthcare system to ensure area residents had access to the highest quality primary care. Since then, Tri-County Medical Associates and Milford Regional have worked together to become a strong, vibrant regional healthcare system recognized for excellence on the local, regional and national level. In the fall of 2017, Milford Regional’s Board of Trustees determined that it was time Milford Regional and Tri-County’s names reflect that unity. Looking forward to a united future together as a thriving healthcare system, the Board approved Tri-County’s name change to Milford Regional Physician Group (MRPG) effective January 1, 2018.
We are pleased to share Milford Regional Physician Group’s updates and accomplishments in 2017, as a vital part of the Milford Regional Healthcare System.
Top Honors for Milford Regional Physician Group and Practices
For 20 years, Gatehouse Media/Wicked Local has given the community the opportunity to select their favorite local facilities, services and professionals in the Readers Choice Awards. Milford Regional Physician Group has been pleased to win top honors over the years and 2017 was no different.
oooOnce again, Franklin Pediatric & Adolescent Care received a Readers Choice Gold Award as a regional favorite. Hopkinton Family Practice was awarded a Silver Award and Hopkinton Internal Medicine & Pediatrics received a Bronze Award. An additional 17 physicians and practices were recognized with Readers Choice Awards.
Welcome New Providers
Milford Regional Physician Group welcomed a number of new physicians and advanced practitioners this year to help increase access to quality healthcare throughout the region.
- Susan Mahoney, MD, joined Whitinsville Pediatrics in January.
- Recognizing the tremendous need in our community, MRPG also expanded behavioral health services for adult patients in January with the addition of Kimberly Lovett, MD.
- Jennifer Nohrden, MD, joined MRPG in February, originally working in Urgent Care and then transitioning to Franklin Family Practice.
- Brian Schneider, MD, and Andrew Willment, MD, joined Hopkinton Internal Medicine & Pediatrics. This new practice has grown significantly this year, adding over 2,500 new patients including those of John Pandiscio, MD, upon his retirement.
- The hospitalist program also added a number of new providers including three that are full- time: Brian Ferrara, MD; Ashley Butland, MD, and Morgan Morgante, NP.
- MRPG’s Surgical Assistant program expanded with the addition of Eileen Cronin, PA.
Milford Regional Physician Group Staff New Urgent Care Centers
Milford Regional Physician Group welcomed experienced doctors, advanced practitioners and support staff who made the 2017 opening of the Urgent Care Centers successful…
- Hopkinton and Northbridge Urgent Care: Michael Connors, MD; Patty-Ann Krajewski, MD; Mark Fitzgerald, MD; Wade Buckley, PA; Arielle Johnson, PA; Amy Kellogg, PA; Jason Langlois, PA; Anne Meyer, NP, and Bill Vitale, NP.
- Milford Urgent Care: Mary C. (Kate) Burke, MD; Tom Evans, MD; Christopher Linden, MD, and Robert Srebnik, MD.
Urgent Care continues to grow in visit volume, and post-visit surveys have yielded extremely positive results.
Recognizing Quality and Excellence at Milford Regional Physician Group
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) Milford Regional Physician Group continues to excel in quality. MRPG regularly monitors its performance on quality measures, which were designed by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) as a gauge for clinical performance. The Physician Group’s results on these measures ranks among the highest in the Partners Healthcare network. MRPG physicians and their teams make every effort to ensure that patients get the screenings they need and manage their care in a way that achieves positive health outcomes.
- Patient-Centered Medical Homes Five remaining adult primary care sites were recognized this year by NCQA as Patient Centered Medical Homes (PCMH): Bellingham Medical Associates, Franklin Primary Care, Milford Internal Medicine, Primary Care Physicians and Mendon Internal Medicine. PCMH is the primary care physician’s team caring for patients in a “whole person approach,” proactively managing their care and reminding them about important health screenings. Primary Care offices are evaluated on an extensive set of criteria in order to obtain this certification.
- Harvard Pilgrim Honor Roll MRPG was named to the Harvard Pilgrim Honor Roll in 2017. Harvard Pilgrim selects Honor Roll practices based on their points earned on 15 quality measures across three domains of clinical care affecting both adult and pediatric patients: acute, chronic and preventative care.
- High Marks from MHQP In 2017, MRPG was rated highly by patients in the Massachusetts Health Quality Partners (MHQP) annual patient experience survey. According to the results, 94% of adult patients and 99% of pediatric patients report that they would be willing to recommend their MRPG physician to family and friends, a true testament to the positive experiences they have at MRPG sites.
Building to Meet Patient Needs
Milford Regional Physician Group continues to build new and upgrade existing facilities to make health care access easier and more comfortable for patients throughout the region. In addition to the new Urgent Care facilities, MRPG moved several practices to new and expanded space to create a more pleasing aesthetic for both patients and staff: Hopkinton Internal Medicine & Pediatrics, Urology Associates of Milford and Milford Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery.